Help to revert from KDE 4

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 7 06:25:01 UTC 2008

R. G. Newbury <newbury <at> mandamus.org> writes:
> HELP!...KDE 4 is a bloody disaster. At the moment, I have no KDE "Start"
> icon, no panel, and worse yet, NO KONSOLE. I eventually found that I can
> start an xterm, by using the 'Run' command, but xterm is not konsole.
> The screen appears unstable too...

It's not supposed to be that broken!

Before you decide to kill KDE 4 outright, make sure you have kdebase and
kdebase-workspace installed so you actually see KDE 4 the way it was intended
to work. The kdebase package was split in KDE 4 (there's now kdebase-runtime,
kdebase and kdebase-workspace) and upgrades don't always pull in all three
pieces.

And the easiest way to downgrade is to reinstall Fedora 8 from scratch.

        Kevin Kofler