Burning a kernel

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 07:11:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 09:41 +1000, Da Rock wrote:

> Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but I'm having trouble finding a
> solution to a source problem myself. I've got kernel-devel rpms
> installed for an i586, and a i686 kernel. Now when I try to build a
> module for my tv card it says it can't find .config file.

Did you update to F8? That different arch problem was an old one. Both
the kernel rpm and the kernel-devel really need to match. rpm -e the
i586 devel rpm and yum install kernel-devel. It should drag home the
i686 one. If you're as paranoid as I get, fire up Firefox, goto the
fedora upgrade directory and just select the correct package, dnload and
install it directly with rpm. That ALWAYS works and should set yum to
rights in the future. My two cents, Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar