DB2 UDB has problem after upgrade to Fedora 8

Richard Ray rray at mstc.state.ms.us
Fri Mar 7 15:36:59 UTC 2008

We've been running DB2 UDB version 8 on Fedora 6 for some time with no
problems. When I upgraded to Fedora 8 DB2 works mostly. When I run
"db2 backup" the backup starts but never completes. All other functionality
appears to be good. I ran backup under strace and tried to attach the
output but the message didn't get posted. I see "invalid argument"
returned from setitimer and a blocking read as the last entry.

setitimer(ITIMER_REAL, {it_interval={0, 0}, it_value={0, 1000000}},
0xbfcbcde8) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
read(5,

Thanks
Richard Ray