[SOLVED]Re: Help Update Broke is Selinux the cause

Donald Reader fc-list at reader.ws
Sat Mar 8 04:26:28 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 14:18 -0800, Donald Reader wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 13:37 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>
> Thank You Danial for the response and will try rebooting in permissive
> mode as soon as possible (sometime later today). As for the chcon
> command goes I will keep it on file in case anothe file needs it but the
> file kdecache-dad/ksycocaQ0pHYb.new is evidently a tmp file created by
> kbuildsycoca and either got deleted or was never written to the
> directory.
>
> Will let you know how the reboot goes
>
> Thanks again
> Donald Reader

A big Thanks to Dan about SELinux. I booted in permissive
mode and kybuildsycoca ran and did what it needed to do.

As for the networking I am not sure why there were files
with the .bak for both ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 but I
went ahead and renamed them then ran the network config gui
and reconfigured the cards so now at least I have my net
connection back. I really think that the Update today is
broke but then again it could be my computer and just something
going wrong during the update process

Thanks for the responses
Donald Reader