Help to revert from KDE 4

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Sat Mar 8 14:58:37 UTC 2008

On Fri March 7 2008, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Before you decide to kill KDE 4 outright, make sure you have kdebase and
> kdebase-workspace installed so you actually see KDE 4 the way it was
> intended to work. The kdebase package was split in KDE 4 (there's now
> kdebase-runtime, kdebase and kdebase-workspace) and upgrades don't always
> pull in all three pieces.

I too have begun considering reverting from KDE4 on one machine. It's been
nearly unusable for about three weeks after applying the packages from
kde-redhat. On this machine on which I'm typing, things are a bit more stable
and I just checked for those packages. I see kdebase and kdebase-runtimel,
but I don't see kdebase-workspace, nor do I see it listed as an available
package.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA