Help to revert from KDE 4

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Sat Mar 8 15:47:02 UTC 2008

On Sat March 8 2008, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> I think you should of said kde-redhat-Unstable, unstable = probably not a
> good idea.. use at your own risk etc :-)

absolutely! I hope I didn't come off as a complainer - I have KDE4 from
kde-redhat-unstable running on three machines, so I think I can safely say
I'm doing my 'bit' -- it's just that one of my machines which I happen to use
for many things at work is seriously borked, and I'm considering reverting
just that one - I fully realized that this might happen should I install, and
I'm not complaining about the result, I just would like to revert the one
machine, maybe

> That being said I wont go back to 3.5.8, kde-4.0.1 (from
> kde-redhat-unstable) has grown on me. I am looking forward to 4.0.2, my
> only "niggle" is the Plasma crash at start up and Kget not working plus a
> few other things... apparently all fixed in 4.0.2

so far, it hasn't really grown on me, but, I have been too busy to really
check it out thoroughly -- there are some things I like, and some I don't,
but they sort of balance out right now; nothing is a show stopping wow!-I've-
got-to-have-it sort of thing yet...

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA