F8... freeze, no ralink.. and problems with lightning (thunderbird).. etc.

Ivan Virgili ivnmad at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 15:24:26 UTC 2008

A week ago, after updating my F8 installation the Ralink card stopped working
(I filed a bug for that).
My laptop then started freezing. This would happen after 2 minutes or after
2 hours.
It was very random.
Even if I used an older version of the kernel, the problem would still
occur.

I decided to reinstall everything to see what would happen.
Well, as soon as I installed all the updates I experienced the same
problems: no Ralink wirelss card and system freezing.

I have now installed kernel 23.115 and that seems to be stable (still no
Ralink, whereas in the past it used to work with that kernel).

At the same time, after reinstalling everything, I am having a strange
problem with Thundirbird and Lightning. I cannot use the latest, because the
layout is all over the place and you cannot even create a new calendar. I do
not want to reinstall everything, therefore I will keep trying to find a
solution, otherwise in two months time I will see what happens with F9.

Ivan

-----
Ivan Virgili
http://www.ivanvirgili.com