Who sets /dev/snd/* owners/perms upon login?

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro jcastro at instant.com.br
Mon Mar 10 15:45:54 UTC 2008

When I log in from the text consoles or the native GUI (but not by ssh)
the pemissions and owner in /dev/snd are changed to 0600 and the
logged-in user, respectively. I can't find where, or in what script,
this is done. I'd like to disable that behavior and leave all
permissions in /dev/snd to 0666, without them being changed behind my
back when someone logs in. How can I do this?

This happens in Fedora 8. I imagine earlier Fedoras do that too.