phpMyAdmin installation problem on Fedora 8

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Mar 11 19:04:44 UTC 2008

I'm trying to install and run phpMyAdmin (2.11.5) on Fedora 8.

It's installed OK but when I try and run it I'm asked for a username
and password by Apache (i.e. it's an Apache security thing) as
follows:-

    Enter username and password for "phpMyAdmin localhost" at
    http://home.isbd.net

... but according to the phpMyAdmin.conf file installed in
/etc/httpd/conf.d I shouldn't have to enter a password surely.

What's making Apache ask for a password?

--
Chris Green