Install question #1 - repository location

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Mar 11 20:40:36 UTC 2008

I'm trying to find the best location for a repository to do FC8
installs. My first two trials were direct from DVD and NFS mounted. The
NFS mount showed that the max data rate to the new machine was only
about 12MB/s, so transfer rate isn't an issue, it's Gbit connection.
Therefore, I suspect that seek time may be an issue, I'm wondering if
people have compared putting the repository on a USB stick instead of
network.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still