Sound after logon screen is presented. (F8 64bit)

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 00:37:40 UTC 2008

With F7, when the logon screen was presented, my choice of system ready sound-clip was played. This was setup along with the other sounds for error, login, logout, etc...

With F8, the logon sound-clip is never issued, but all the other sounds are present after logging in as a user.

I have not discovered how to repair the problem.  The settings are in the same menu paths for each distribution.   Default logon session is Gnome.

Looking forward to a recommendation.

Leslie