OT: mp3 xmms

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 19:25:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:05:24 -0400, George Hare wrote:

> After one of my updates I noticed that Xmms had no mp3 and I could not
> find it google or the repo's. Isn't this all getting a bit tiresome?. What
> happened?

mp3 support is not included with Fedora for several years. This
is explained in Fedora related documentation, and the places where
to get add-on packages are not difficult to find. How did you search?

Btw, more and more XMMS users switch to the more actively developed
players like Audacious (package "audacious"). You can find extra
plugins for it, too. -> http://rpm.livna.org