Wireless newbies -- just try NetworkManager!

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Fri Mar 14 00:48:15 UTC 2008

Mike Chambers wrote:
> Yes, but what about "wired" networks?  That is what I have, and the
> default doesn't work for me.  I had to turn it off, or at least make
> sure network was setup and running as my /etc/resolv.conf file
> wasn't even configured, and it was initially during install.

I think I'd have to know more about what your network looks like to
take guesses as to why it's not working.  Are you talking about a
wired connection on a network that has a DHCP server?  Are you trying
to use both the wired and wireless interfaces at the same time?
Without a little better idea of what you're looking to achieve and
what you mean bu "doesn't work for me," it's hard to know what to
suggest.

It is OK to let your mind go blank, but please turn off the sound.