f8-f9 tetex/texlive

Mark Knoop mark at opus11.net
Fri Mar 14 10:24:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 10:56 +0100, François Patte wrote:
> I would like to install/test texlive.
> 1- texlive packages from f9 could be installed under f8?

I've not tried, but would advise against.

> 2- texlive could live gently with tetex from f8? (I guess no!)

No.

> 3- texlive could be used with lyx from f8? (my wife use lyx and i don't
> want family quarrels....)

Probably, but I don't use lyx so don't you should seek further advice on
this.

> last question: is it possible to configure yum to install texlive on an
> f8 install? I don't want to solve all dependencies by hand.

Yes. Put the following in /etc/yum.repos.d/texlive.repo

[texlive]
name=TeXLive 2007 for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/files/texlive/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

--