Experience of using Fedora in schools

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:06:22 UTC 2008

subhodip biswas wrote:
>> Nicholas Robinson wrote:
>>  > Does anyone have any experience of which is better, gnome or kde, for 8-13
>>  > year olds? On the basis of four machines, for three days, being trialled by a
>>  > few children, it would seem that gnome is ahead. I've always used kde though!
>>

> Some months back i posted about our bijra high school project
> (http://bijra.dgplug.org) . A school completely running on Fedora 7
> (GNOME) though all edu packages are installed( KDE included). LTSP 4.2
> and rightnow no teacher are there students aged between 8 to 15 are
> using those machines and learning by themselve. all you need to
> initiate rest is a cakewalk.

There is a lot of collective experience with fedora in schools on the
K12ltp (K12OSN) mail list.  Some of the discussion is about booting thin
clients, but once running, it all looks the same.  There is a link to
the mail list from here:
http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

--
   Les Mikesell