Experience of using Fedora in schools

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 19:34:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 2:59 AM, Nicholas Robinson <npr at bottlehall.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've finally managed to convince my school that we should consider
> abandoning
> XP on the workstations (we've been using fedora servers for several years)
> and use fedora instead.
>
> Does anyone have any experience of which is better, gnome or kde, for 8-13
> year olds? On the basis of four machines, for three days, being trialled
> by a
> few children, it would seem that gnome is ahead. I've always used kde
> though!
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> Nick

I was a KDE user till i started using fedora . I could never quite get used
to KDE on fedora  and GNOME seems better supported on redhat clones anyway.
I have found that GNOME has much fewer options by default  but in MY(not
trying to start a war here) experience is more stable than KDE anyway so I
vote GNOME for new users. Though I still use some kde apps !

Max