Copying a Hard Disk Containing Windows With Fedora

Markus Kesaromous remotestar at live.com
Fri Mar 14 22:58:11 UTC 2008

That's great - I wonder if anyone has been able to clone
windows from a PARTITION to a new (larger) partition of another drive,
and boot it. In my case I tried

dd if=/dev/sda1 of=/dev/sdc1 bs=128M

then I used the ntfs util called ntfsresize:

ntfsresize /dev/sdc1

which finished successfully.
I tried to boot from the new drive, but windows gets as far as the
windows logo splash screen and then reboots.

-Markus