Evolution (again)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Mar 16 04:35:08 UTC 2008

On Saturday 15 March 2008, Gene Heskett wrote:
>Greetings all;
>
>How do I go about making FF3b4 use kmail for its default email agent when
> the link clicked on is of the form "mailto: name at FQDN"?
>
>I did have it using kmail (I use only kde), but some update seems to have
>undone me and I can't find any mention of Evolution in the control center
>settings, nor in FF's about:config.  I can't just remove evolution as it
>takes aabout 500 megs worth of other stuff I do use with it & that sucks a
>very high vacuum IMO.
>
>I've been looking for it for about 2 hours now.  Somebody please throw me a
>lifesaver...
>
>Thanks.

Bit of additional info here, the about:config says the email agent is kmail
for both Firefox-2.0.0.12 and for FireFox-3beta4.  I just found that
FireFox-2.0.0.12 works correctly and my message has been sent.

Both say the mailto agent is /usr/bin/kmail, but FF3b4 ignores that setting
and fires up the evolution configuration dialog.  There is NO mention
of 'volution' in the about:config except of course 'resolution'

Methinks I've found a bug, about a 10 pound bug!

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)