New Wesnoth?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 16 13:44:12 UTC 2008

Niels Weber wrote:
> this is just a short question whether Wesnoth 1.4 will be build for
> F8. That new release is out for a week now and I haven't even seen it
> in Rawhide.
Would you like to take a look yourself to see if a build has been
requested ?
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/
search for the package you are interested in.

Note that sometimes there is a lot of work to be done in making a new
release build and work with other packages - so don't expect overnight
miracles.

However, if you have/would like to try rpm packaging yourself, you could
grab the current spec file, update it for the new release sources, and
attempt a build yourself ;-)
You'll certainly find out whether the upgrade is simple or complex.
Helping the packagers out by providing spec and or source patches would
definitely help in getting an updated package built.

Please ask for help if you need some.

For the most part packagers are asked to be on announce/devel lists for
the apps they have packaged, so they might have noticed the release. You
could however create a bugzilla.redhat.com RFE bug to request the newer
version; preferably this would include a summary on what the update is
supposed to fix.

DaveT.