Semi-transparent box on desktop

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:25:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 1:38 AM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 22:16 -0400, David Boles wrote:
> > Ric Moore wrote:
> the
> box on

> > > Coolness! It works in KDE, too. Ric
> >
> > This is a joke post right? A 'funny' post ? A 'pull my leg' post? Maybe
> > even a 'giggle together in secret' post?
> >
> > "a selection 'lasso'"?? You are all joking here right?
>
> Well, didja try it?? It's not so much a lasso as it is a rectangle, but
> the simile remains the same. Of course SOME of us don't mess with
> Winders :P all the time, so "lassos" are kinda a cool thing to play with
> when dinking with X-winders, if you've never seen such a thing. Give it
> a whirl! Yahoo!
>
> Next, I'm gonna have Jethro to teach me to cipher, out by the concrete
> swimmin' hole. Cuzin Ric

I thought this  post was a joke too.  No offense but i did not think there
was anyone using a computer today that didn't know you could grab multiple
objects like that, i am glad everyone is so thrilled , a rare enough
occurrence around here, but this is pretty basic functionality. I would
never have guessed it would cause so much excitement.

Max