fedora-list Digest, Vol 49, Issue 116

Rodney Morris rodamorris at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 18:43:43 UTC 2008

>  On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:34:34 +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
>
>  >> However, the major difference is that the printer works automagically
>  >> from ubuntu
>  >
>  > Looks like it's because they are shipping with a proprietary driver of
>  > some sort.
>
>  It might a version of the driver which Samsung distributes?  I'm trying
>  to figure out where this driver is located.

Ubuntu ships with the splix drivers, not a proprietary driver.  (At
least this is true for Hardy Heron.)  The splix source is available
from splix.ap2c.org.  You will need the cups-devel and cupsddk
packages installed to compile and install the splix drivers.
Unfortunately, to my knowledge, the splix has not been packaged for
Fedora.

Rod