Kernel 115 Doesn't Like iwl4965

Leonid Podolny leonidp.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 21:57:17 UTC 2008

I have exactly the same problem with MSI PR200. I assumed that wireless
just didn't work, but after reading your post I downgraded it to an
older kernel (2.6.23.1-42.fc8 instead of 2.6.24.3-34.fc8) and voila.

> Interestingly enough, it now seems to be intermittent. I did get it to
> work once. Not sure why.

Here, it does work if you have RF switch off (i.e. wireless on) during
the boot-up, i.e. when driver is initialized.

> Just nosed around the HP site - looks like a BIOS update was issued last
> December. I'll give that a try as well and see where that winds up.
Any luck? Guess not.