Question on upgrading from FC6

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Wed Mar 19 14:22:50 UTC 2008

Antonio M wrote:
> 2008/3/19, Neil Cherry <ncherry at linuxha.com>:
>> I have a server that's running FC6 and I'd like to run the latest
>>  and greatest. I have quite a complex system as it's my home's
>>  central server (home automation, DNS, printing, etc.). I'm under
>>  the assumption that I'll need to upgrade it to Fedora 7 (I have
>>  the iso) and then Fedora 8 (I have the iso). Are there any
>>  warnings, other than backing up everything?
>>
>>  In case you're wondering I'm preparing the system for IPV6 as I
>>  need to learn IPV6 for work and having it is the best way to
>>  learn it.

> I am not sure that the original DVD of F8 will allow upgrade of an
> existing system (Please check if there is a bug), I remember that
> system froze during upgrading and I installed F8 from scratch.
>
> Please check....

Thanks, that's why I posted here first. :-) I'll check that
out as it would be a real pain to have to reinstall. I have
a lot of custom things such as my MTA setup. I'm also using
djb's dns software and I'd hate to have to rebuild everything
at this moment though I may move to dnsmasq in the future.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com