Opinions on Adaptec SATA HostRAID?

Paul Shaffer ace_wizard at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 16:17:58 UTC 2008

I ran F6 on an X5DAL with no problem for over a year.  But F8 appeared to no longer support the Intel SATA chipset it uses.  There's various versions of them out there.  I wouldn't be surprised if Supermicro uses different vendors for that hardware within same or similar model lines, depending on availability.  If it loads a driver for it you'll probably be fine.  Try it and see.

Steve Snyder <swsnyder at insightbb.com> wrote:  I'm thinking of using the embedded Adaptec SATA HostRAID functionality on
my Supermicro X7DWA-N motherboard.

Does anyone have any experience using Adaptec's HostRAID with Fedora
7/8/9? Any success or horror stories to relate?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.