Webex and Fedora 8

Chris Hobson drchrishobson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 16:53:57 UTC 2008

Hi there
I am running a well patched Fedora 8 and most things work just fine. One
show stopper I have at the moment though is when I try to set up a Webex
session (using Firefox 2.0.12 -  the latest production release version
). When I go to start a meeting the system gets to the "starting
meeting" dialog and then just stops. No amount of cajoling or trying
will get me past this screen. I have not installed the Sun Java, but I
do have the iced tea version (java-1.7.0-icedtea - 1.7.0.0.0.19.b21
snapshot.fc8.i586 IcedTea Runtime Environment
The webex help pages all make it sound as though Webex should install
and run easily in a Linux environment.
Has anyone else had this problem? It could be related to the Sun Java
not being installed, but I'd like to know if that's the case before I
have to switch from the IcedTea runtime

Thanks!

Chris