Via High Definition Audio Controller

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Wed Mar 19 23:16:31 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 19 March 2008 23:55, Jim wrote:
> FC8-i386  KDE  2.6.24.3-34.fc8
> My Sound card in a laptop is a VIA Tech, "VIA High Definition Audio
> Controller" and all the drivers are loading but it has no sound.
> I have heard through the Grapvine that the PCM device VT1708 was broken
> in 2.6.24, any truth to that ?
> The Soundcard Detection debug files are listed below,   scsrun.log and
> scsconfig.log.
> Who can read and understand these two files.
>

>                                                         scsrun.log

Hi Jim. As I'm totally obsessed by pulseaudio causing sound problems on F8,
I'd suggest removing the alsa-plugins-pulseaudio package, then see if the
sound works.

Just a shot in the dark, and maybe I've got pulseaudio on the brain, but other
folks have got their sounds up by removing that package.

Nigel.