gtkpod -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Mar 20 01:17:30 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 10:22 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>>     Unfortunately the iPod I have to experiment with this morning
>>     belongs to a teen aged grandson and contains nothing but whining
>>     adolescents singing, a horror to work with!
>>

> Now's your chance to put some proper music on it...  ;-)

    I never did succeed in saving to the iPod!  I changed a .wmv to an
    .mp3 and put it in the gtkpod list without much trouble but
    apparently I would have to load the entire list back into the device
    and I didn't have the courage to try that.

    The kid took his iPod back as soon as he came in from school, he's
    really worried about it, it's a new one and right off he left it in
    his pants pocket and it went through the washer and dryer.  The
    display went black, my comment was throw it away.  His mother let it
    dry for a few days and viola, it works again!

    There are two more iPods around so I'll get another chance at one
    before long.  The mother has one with a better selection on it.