Future Fedora Kernels and atop

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 21 16:38:17 UTC 2008

Albert Graham wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> I've contacted Gerlof and he has kindly responded (copied mail below).
>
> At this point I should take myself out of the loop, except to say, as an
> Admin of many RHEL systems, I'm constantly switching between
> monitoring/status utilities e.g. iostat, mpstat, top, ps, sar, to get
> snapshots of what's going on, and in particular it's "per process"
> counters that are really useful. whether Atop is the right tool or not
> is not for me to say, except the principle behind is a good idea.

I don't have the email id of the developer and have personal interest in
this but there is good documentation on how to submit patches

http://lxr.linux.no/linux/Documentation/SubmittingPatches

Others asking the question on LKML is no of use since patches wont be
accepted unless authors submit them and take care of maintaining it
properly.

Rahul