PCMCIA wireless card that "works out of the box"?

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 21:23:41 UTC 2008

Mike wrote:
> Phil Rhoades <phil <at> pricom.com.au> writes:
>
>> People,
>>
>> I have been struggling with a Linksys wpc54g card and I have pretty much
>> given up on it - I just want something that works reliably and "out of
>> the box" with native Linux (Fedora 8) support - instead of using
>
> Although the following suggestion is not for PCMCIA but for a usb dongle
> I have been using an Edimax EW-7318UG usb wireless adapter for some time
> on an old laptop running F8. It uses the rt73usb driver that is in the current
> kernels and works out of the box with no further ado. I get a solid 54Mbps
> connection and have had no hassles with it at all.
>
> If you have a spare usb port I can certainly recommend it. HTH

This is odd. I have an EW-7318UG dongle which I have tried in vain to run on F8.
When I configure it I get a whole list of devices non of which is this device.
If I do a lsusb I get: ID: 148f:2573 Ralink Technologies, Corp and I can't see
that mentioned either. What magic have you done to make it work?

--
Erik.