How do I deactivate the X11 video device auto-settings?

pursley1 at netscape.net pursley1 at netscape.net
Sat Mar 22 12:07:17 UTC 2008

Okay, time to move on to the next annoying problem with my machine.

I need to know if someone can tell me that will force X11 to default to
a specific display mode (24 bit color w/ 1024x768 resolution) when it
starts up.  I am using an LCD display that is not very forgiving in
other graphic video modes and for some reason, even though I have that
listed as the only option in xorg.conf, it still switches to another
video mode when it first starts up.  When I force a restart to the
Xserver, then and only then does it use the video mode I specified.
Some help here would be appreciated and here is the section of my config
file that contains the setting:

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Screen0"
    Device     "Videocard0"