GIMP can not do it

pursley1 at netscape.net pursley1 at netscape.net
Sat Mar 22 12:48:24 UTC 2008

elk dolk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some 600x450 pixel photos and want to reduce their size  to 60K
> and keep the aspect ratio, GIMP can't do it , anyone know of a Linux
> photo manipulation SW for batch processing photos?

> Search.
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

Actually, GIMP can do it...sort of.  It can reduce the size and/or
resolution of the picture, which will also reduce the size of the file.
I've used it a number of times.  What I do is reduce the picture size /
resolution while having a window open to review the file size and it
works just fine.

Bradley