moving from Verizon DSL to Verizon FIOS

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Sat Mar 22 17:50:15 UTC 2008

Greetings,

Have a box running FC2 which I use as a home server. I setup using an FAQ
found on the tldp.org, using two NICs hooked to a Verizon-provided DSL
modem.

Verizon is wiring the neighborhood and premises (building complex in NYC)
for FIOS with a vengeance. As yet, no TV service is offered, though there
are parts of NJ and Long Island which have this service already.

Once TV service is available (and competitive with cable) I'd like to flip
from copper to fiberoptic and keeping a Fedora box to the duty of a
router.

Any suggestions, links in this regard?

Thanks.

Max Pyziur