Installing Fedora 8 on Intel Core Duo

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sat Mar 22 19:21:26 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 17:33 +0000, Giulio Troccoli wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 15:36 +0000, Giulio Troccoli wrote:
> >

> I've just tried with the Fedora Live CD and the same thing happens. One
> thing I noticed is that it does NOT start udev. What I mean is that on
> my laptop it says "Starting udev [OK]" before "switching" to the
> graphical interface, while on the server it just says "Starting udev"
> and then it goes black.

Try booting without the startup GUI.  Maybe you can get more
information.

At the GRUB splash screen, press Enter.

Select the line with the kernel you want to boot.

Press e.

Select the boot line.

Press e

Edit the line to remove "quiet" and "rhgb"

Press Enter

Press b

(I think that's the sequence...)

--