FC8, lost sound

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 23 03:58:53 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 08:10 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> "When all else fails, read the manual"
>   -- Hacker folklore from prehistory

;-)  I've said that to many a person...

Only about a week ago I was doing some work for a client who wanted to
install some software, which kept on failing during registration.  So
while he floundered around, trying things without really thinking, nor
even reading what was on the screen in front of him, I had a quick read
of the manual, and worked out what he was doing wrong.

The time I spent reading it was far less time than he spent flailing
about, and what I did (by the book) worked.  ;-)

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.