Fedora Makes a Terrible Server?

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Tue Mar 25 19:17:03 UTC 2008

Roger Heflin wrote:

> The problem is that the enterprise OS's ship buggy kernels too, I have

Of course they do, I'd be surprised to hear if anyone has shipped a 100%
bug free kernel, whether it be Linux, Solaris, AIX, Windows or whatever.
The point though is that RHEL is less of a moving target, if you current
setup works then an update to the kernel is less likely to break
anything, than say Fedora which frequently ships new versions of the
kernel.

> And the second you add a driver and/or XFS on to RHEL5 you are
> now tainted and *UNSUPPORTED*.

Compared to Fedora where you are *UNSUPPORTED* at the offset?

--
Ian Chapman.