Fedora Makes a Terrible Server?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 25 20:55:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 16:21 -0400, Todd Denniston wrote:
> ended by upgrade to a new distro version or retirement of the machine.

One might think that if you're using a personal computer as a server,
that by the time a several-year lifespan OS reached end-of-life, you'd
probably want to be taking advantage of new hardware, as well.  So an
upgrade by building a new machine, copying data over to it, and swapping
it over for the old server, would seem the prudent way to go about it.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.