Fedora Makes a Terrible Server?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Mar 26 01:25:31 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

>> I've never been "forced to re-install some wildly different version".
>
> The FC1->2, FC3-4, FC6-7 transitions had huge differences.

I wouldn't call them _huge_. Large, yes.
But they didn't force me to _re_ install anything.

As it happens, I always keep the previous version of Fedora on my server,
so I wouldn't need to re-install even if I wanted to revert.
But in fact I have never needed to revert.

> Sound has been hit-or-miss with huge differences in each version.

In my experience, sound was always bad in Fedora, is bad today,
and I fear always will be bad.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366