Fedora 9 Live Beta Locking up

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 26 15:13:45 UTC 2008

max wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>> Running Live CD Fedora 9 Live Beta, on a Laptop, while booting it
>> locks up just after the line;
>>
>> "ACPI: EC: Lookup EC in DSDI"
>>
>> I put CD in a  PC and it ran all the way through and loaded Desktop.
>> What is it on Laptop that would cause  a Lockup??
>>
> ACPI = Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
>
> The rest of the line is greek to me but you might try fiddling with
> the BIOS settings. You don't say what kind of laptop you have but
> sometimes BIOS features have to be turned off to get things off the
> ground. Don't quote me here but I think DSDI  is related to debugging
> so i would look for something related to this in the bios and try to
> disable it or enable it depending on its current status.  You can
> always, if you get into trouble, restore defaults in the bios and also
> there is usually a way to load optimal settings in the bios, which
> could solve your problem.
>

> Max

I added to the , pass onto kernel line  "acpi=off" and it started to
boot until it got to the point of detecting mouse,
is there any commands i can send to kernel to bypass mouse detection ?
Error message below;

"input: Macintosh mouse button emulation as
/devices/virtual/input/input0  PNP: no PS/2 controller found.
Probing ports directly."

This laptop is a Everex Cloudbook and it has no PS/2 mouse connection,
if you want a external mouse you will have to connect to USB .
It amazing, this laptop has no problem booting into Fedora 8.
I would look at this as a bug, wouldn't you ??