/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 destroyed after the most recent F8 updates

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:23:42 UTC 2008

Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> very weird:
>
> after installing the most recent F8 updates, in a lot of my machines
> (not all!!) after reboot the NIC information is destroyed, that is,
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 has been overwritten and
> altered to DHCP protocol.
>
> Regards

Is there a common network interface card used on the ones that were destroyed
vs. the ones that were ok?

The auto config tools key off of certain things, and if it thought that the
network interface was replaced with a new one it would do something similar to
what you are describing, kudzu is the tool that does this, and it can be
troublesome in some cases.

                                Roger