mount.cifs Example please?

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Thu Mar 27 21:41:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 05:13 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Sean Bruno wrote:
> > I would humbly ask that someone, somewhere add an entry in the examples
> > section that acutally shows a successful command for mount.cifs ... The
> > man page (at least for me) didn't really tell me how to use the command
> > correctly.  The program itself takes different argument types on
> > invocation than other mount.xxxx commands.
> >
> > So suggestion:
> >
> > EXAMPLES:
> >
> > sudo mount -t cifs -o
> > user=administrator,password=miralink //192.168.1.31/test /mnt/ml_test/
> >

> > With an explanation of what each option means.
>
> What is wrong with reading "man mount.cifs"?

Hmmm...obviously, I fail at expressing my frustration with the man page
for mount.cifs.

My point was that the man page for mount.cifs didn't lead me to a
solution if I didn't already know the syntax of mount.cifs.

A simple addition of a few examples of invocation would have saved me a
ton of time.

Sean