Help installing Fedora 8 on iMac G3

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 30 09:41:39 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 08:40 +1100, Catherine Fitzgerald wrote:
> I can't download the DVD iso as the mac has no DVD player

You can, but it depends on what else you're able to do, or prepared to,
to work with it.

The basic idea is you download the small rescue disc and the DVD ISO.
You burn the rescue disc and boot from it, then use the downloaded DVD
ISO file with the rescue disc to install.  Of course, this means that
you have to have downloaded the DVD ISO file to somewhere that you can
use when you boot from the rescue disc.

Alternatively, you could look for multi CD ISO install files from the
Fedora Respin thingy.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.