compiling emacs 23 on f8

George N. White III aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Mar 30 12:52:14 UTC 2008

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Neal Becker wrote:

> [...]
> You can find m17n in development.
> rpm -qa m17*
> m17n-lib-devel-1.5.1-1.fc9.i386
> m17n-lib-devel-1.5.1-1.fc9.x86_64
> m17n-lib-1.5.1-1.fc9.x86_64
> m17n-lib-1.5.1-1.fc9.i386
> m17n-db-1.5.1-1.fc8.noarch
>
> My libotf package is just (hopefully) about to be accepted.  You can find it here:
> http://nbecker.dyndns.org/RPM
>
> You can find my emacs-23.0.60.1 svn srpm as of yesterday there as well.
>
> I suggest this in your startup:
> (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(font . "DejaVu Sans Mono-9"))

I was able to build emacs-23.0 from your svn rpm, using your
libotf, on F8, i686 hardware.  The first attempt failed at the
"make bootstrap" dump, as discussed in etc/PROBLEMS.  Disabling
exec-shield and then running rpmbuild using setarch:

$ setarch i386 -R rpmbuild -bb emacs.spec

produced working rpms.  Thanks.

--
George N. White III  <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>