Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu May 1 20:31:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:29:48 -0500,
  "David G. Mackay" <mackay_d at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 09:37 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> >
> > Do you think QA happens by magic? If there are features you really want to
> > see working then you can make a difference by participating in rawhide.
>
> I am, thank you.  That's how I know that NetworkManager is scheduled to

Thanks for your testing! No one has the time to test everything and the
more people helping the better. I incorrectly assumed you came in late and
were complaining about things not working.

> > > Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great things about Fedora, but
> > > it's certainly not above a certain amount of criticism.  It's seemed, at
> > > times that this thread would have been more aptly named, "Fedora, love
> > > it or leave it!".
> >
> > That might actually be an appropiate phrase for Fedora. If there isn't
> > something you love about Fedora, it probably isn't the right distribution
> > for you.
>
> That phrase is a twist on an Americanism, i. e., "America, love it or

I'm an American who was actually alive (though in grade school) when it was
a popular phrase and I know what it means in that context. That is why I
thought it was interesting that I felt it applied to Fedora although with
a different meaning. (i.e. There is enough pain with using Fedora that you
really need to love something about it to justify putting up with it.)