Which package name should be use when Fedora 9 release and I upgarde my Fedora 8

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 13 02:12:48 UTC 2008

Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I know some one did a great job that call "preupgrade" that can use a
> GUI to upgrade the system from Fedora 7 to 8, Fedora 8 to 9.
>
> I am now in Fedora 8 and would like to upgrade to Fedora 9 when released.
> But which package name is used of "preupgrade" ?
> Any additional packaged need to install first ?

# yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install preupgrade should get you the
latest version (0.9.3) along with any required dependencies. Note that
this is still in testing stage and even if it is isn't, I would strongly
recommend a backup of your data first. I would be very useful if you
post a report on how it went to fedora-test list.

More details at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PreUpgrade

Rahul