Fedora 9 - Wireless SUCCESS - Use TKIP, not AES

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sun May 25 04:35:46 UTC 2008

john wendel wrote:

> After several hours of fiddling with the non-working wireless network in
> my new Fedora installation, I noticed in the log file a list of
> supported security modules - and "WPA - AES" wasn't in the list.
>
> So, I changed my router to use "WPA - TKIP" instead of "WPA - AES". I
> then restarted the box, and got an perfect wireless connection.
>
> It would really be nice if the #$$%%# software would have mentioned that
> it doesn't support "AES".

I'm confused.  So why does my connection at home work using WPA-AES?
I'm using a Linksys wrt54g, stock.  NetworkManger w/wpa_supplicant on my
F9 laptop.  As a matter of fact, it works both for me at home, and at my
mother's place where her router is configured for WPA-TKIP....

What are you missing that I already have?

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net