Which one is better Ubuntu Or Fedora 9

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 17:48:58 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares wrote:

>> reasons. Ubuntu or Fedora
>>>>

>>> Better for what? It is a matter of using the correct
>> tool for the job.
>>> Mikkel
>>>
>> The job is sir to have the best Linux environment. So which
>> is better,
>> Fedora OR Ubuntu?
>>
>> --
>
> Great Question :)
> Sorry to nose in on this question.  But how about BOTH!
> Fedora for getting in recent/latest packages ie. kernel, gcc, glibc, ..., etc.
> Ubuntu LTS(Long Term Support), very useful help pages throughout the net(little more than Fedora), more support other than LTS, ..., etc.,
> cutomized versions(Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu, ..., Ubuntu Christian Edition, Ubuntu Muslim Edition, ...)
>
> Which is better Ford or Chevy?  Wait there's also Dodge, Toyota, ..., great to have choices.  Linux is like this also.  I happen to agree with
> Mikkel on this one :)

While having choices is nice, if you are going to make the inevitable
internet car analogy, if one of the companies (Linux distros in general)
only has about 1% of the total market to begin with, would you still
think it was a good idea to fragment that into a bazillion models that
can't be supported with interchangeable parts?  You aren't talking Ford
and Chevy here - it's more like DeLorian and Tesla.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com