Livna / RPMFusion updates

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Nov 3 19:02:37 UTC 2008

On 03.11.2008 19:18, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 11:53 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 09:33:53 -0800,
>>   Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh at pacbell.net> wrote:
>>> I recently accepted an update of the Livna repository info from
>>> livna-release-9-1.noarch to livna-release-9-2.noarch . This caused the
>>> availability of a large number of updates from the RPMFusion repo.
>>> Should I trust these updates?  The GPG signature for the RPMFusion repo
>>> is not right now installed.
>> That is up to you.
>> Livna is combining with a few other repositories to form RPMFusion and they
>> have recently started the cutover.
>> Of note is that libdvdcss isn't going to make the move to RPMFusion and people
>> who want that will need to get it someplace else.
> Thanks for your quick replies.  I don't have any trouble with the Livna
> repo

Note that all packages that have been moved to RPM Fusion will likely
vanish from the Livna repos soon, to give those people a heads up that
haven't heard about bright RPM Fusion future yet. But that should just
be a minority of people, as normally everyone will get transferred to
RPM Fusion automatically.

> I thought that when I
> upgraded to livna-release-9-2 this would install the proper security
> certificates, etc.  [...]

That didn't happen on purpose -- importing the keys automatically would
have been easily possible, but that's a bit like changing the door of a
house and the keys for the door on the keyring without telling the one
that owns the house/the keyring.

Livna expressed its trust in the keys by signing the rpmfusion-release
packages with the Livna key. So if you up to now trusted the stuff you
got from Livna then you can consider to do so now as well.

CU
knurd