New RPMFusion dependency problem

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Nov 4 00:36:09 UTC 2008

I tried to update my F8 system with the new RPMFusion repository today.

On DVDAuthorWizard, I got the following:

> ]# yum update DVDAuthorWizard
> Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror, stablemirror
> stablemirror: the easily edited stablemirror file is "/var/cache/yum/stablemirrors"
>  * atrpms: dl.atrpms.net
>  * livna: mirror.atrpms.net
>  * rpmfusion-free-updates: rpmfusion.famillecollet.com
>  * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: rpmfusion.famillecollet.com
>  * rpmfusion-free: rpmfusion.famillecollet.com
>  * updates-newkey: mirrors.usu.edu
>  * fedora: mirrors.usu.edu
>  * rpmfusion-nonfree: rpmfusion.famillecollet.com
> Excluding Packages from ATrpms - Stable
> Finished
> Excluding Packages from Livna for Fedora Core 8 - i386 - Base
> Finished
> Setting up Update Process
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package DVDAuthorWizard.noarch 0:1.4.6-2.fc8 set to be updated
> --> Processing Dependency: soc for package: DVDAuthorWizard
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> DVDAuthorWizard-1.4.6-2.fc8.noarch from rpmfusion-free-updates has depsolving problems
>   --> Missing Dependency: soc is needed by package DVDAuthorWizard-1.4.6-2.fc8.noarch (rpmfusion-free-updates)
> Error: Missing Dependency: soc is needed by package DVDAuthorWizard-1.4.6-2.fc8.noarch (rpmfusion-free-updates)

I can't find any information on what "soc" is.  Its not a package name,

yum whatprovides soc returns:

> yum whatprovides soc
> Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror, stablemirror
> stablemirror: the easily edited stablemirror file is "/var/cache/yum/stablemirrors"
>  * atrpms: dl.atrpms.net
>  * livna: mirror.atrpms.net
>  * rpmfusion-free-updates: ftp.upjs.sk
>  * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: ftp.upjs.sk
>  * rpmfusion-free: ftp.upjs.sk
>  * updates-newkey: mirrors.usu.edu
>  * fedora: mirrors.usu.edu
>  * rpmfusion-nonfree: ftp.upjs.sk
> atrpms                                                                                                                                 |  951 B     00:00
> livna                                                                                                                                  | 2.1 kB     00:00
> google                                                                                                                                 |  951 B     00:00
> dribble                                                                                                                                |  951 B     00:00
> rpmfusion-free-updates                                                                                                                 | 2.7 kB     00:00
> rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                                                                                                              | 2.7 kB     00:00
> rpmfusion-free                                                                                                                         |  951 B     00:00
> adobe-linux-i386                                                                                                                       |  972 B     00:00
> updates-newkey                                                                                                                         | 2.3 kB     00:00
> freshrpms                                                                                                                              | 2.4 kB     00:00
> fedora                                                                                                                                 | 2.1 kB     00:00
> rpmfusion-nonfree                                                                                                                      |  951 B     00:00
> Excluding Packages from ATrpms - Stable
> Finished
> Excluding Packages from Livna for Fedora Core 8 - i386 - Base
> Finished
> Warning: 3.0.x versions of yum would erronously match against filenames.
>  You can use "*/soc" and/or "*bin/soc" to get that behaviour
> No Matches found

No matches found?

yum search soc returns:

> [...]
> perl-Tie-EncryptedHash.noarch : Hashes (and objects based on hashes) with encrypting fields
> perl-Tie-IxHash.noarch : Ordered associative arrays for Perl
> perl-X11-Protocol.noarch : X11-Protocol - Raw interface to X Window System servers
> perl-XML-Xerces.i386 : Perl API to Xerces XML parser
> pgbouncer.i386 : Lightweight connection pooler for PostgreSQL
> php-pear-DB.noarch : PEAR: Database Abstraction Layer
> php-pear-Net-SMTP.noarch : Provides an implementation of the SMTP protocol
> php-pear-Net-Socket.noarch : Network Socket Interface
> php-shout.i386 : PHP module for communicating with Icecast servers
> pl.i386 : SWI-Prolog - Edinburgh compatible Prolog compiler
> player.i386 : Cross-platform robot device interface and server
> pyOpenSSL.i386 : Python wrapper module around the OpenSSL library
> python-twisted-names.i386 : A Twisted DNS implementation
> qps.i386 : Visual process manager
> rcssbase.i386 : Robocup 2D Soccer Simulation Base Library
> rcsslogplayer.i386 : RoboCup Soccer Simulator LogPlayer
> rcssmonitor.i386 : RoboCup 2D Soccer Simulator Monitor
> rcssserver.i386 : Robocup 2D Soccer Simulation Server
> rcssserver-gui.i386 : A simple way to run 2D Soccer Simulation on a single machine
> rcssserver3d.i386 : Robocup 3D Soccer Simulation Server
> ruby-aws.noarch : Ruby interface to Amazon Web Services
> rudesocket.i386 : Library (C++ API) for creating client sockets
> rudesocket-devel.i386 : Development files for rudesocket
> sendmail-milter-spf.noarch : Milter to enable SPF checking in sendmail
> shapelib.i386 : API in "C" for Shapefile handling
> sipp.i386 : SIP test tool / traffic generator
> skstream.i386 : C++ I/O library for WorldForge clients/servers
> socat.i386 : Bidirectional data relay between two data channels ('netcat++')
> ss5.i386 : Socks Server 5
> strace.i386 : Tracks and displays system calls associated with a running process
> struts.i386 : Web application framework
> stunnel.i386 : An SSL-encrypting socket wrapper
> sword.i386 : Free Bible Software Project
> tcl-snack.i386 : Sound toolkit
> tcl-tcludp.i386 : Tcl extension for UDP support
> tcputils.i386 : Utilities for TCP programming in shell-scripts
> tomcat-native.i386 : Tomcat native library
> tomcat5-jasper.i386 : Compiler JARs and associated scripts for tomcat5
> tor.i386 : Anonymizing overlay network for TCP (The onion router)
> trickle.i386 : Portable lightweight userspace bandwidth shaper
> usbsink.i386 : USBSink is a GNOME program for automatic file synchronization over USB
> wbxml2.i386 : Library and tools to parse, encode and handle WBXML documents
> wifi-radar.noarch : A utility for managing WiFi profiles
> wordwarvi.i386 : Side-scrolling shoot 'em up '80s style arcade game
> xarchon.i386 : Arcade board game
> xbae.i386 : Motif matrix, caption and text input widgets
> xerces-c.i386 : Validating XML Parser
> xmms-acme.i386 : XMMS plugin to use special multimedia keys in GNOME or through acme

Which is way too much information.

Can anyone help me out here.

--
Kevin J. Cummings