What will it take to get a 2.6.27 kernel in RH8 ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 15:24:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 07:28 -0800, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> In Red Hat 8?
> IT would depend on how long it would take to compile probably about 45
> min to 1 1/2 hours.

I meant F8.

> Or do you mean for Fedora 8?
>
> It might not get released yet since Fedora 8 is reaching EOL

But has it reached EOL ?  No.  So why isn't a 2.6.27 kernel in the F8
repository ?  The F8 mandate says it will provide support to the last 2
releases.   Has F10 been released yet ?  Nope.  Has 2.6.27 been
available for about 2 weeks ?  Yep.

So why haven't we seen it in the F8 repo ?

Thanks