Fedora 10 - no longer rawhide?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Nov 14 19:27:12 UTC 2008

On 14.11.2008 09:21, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 06:25:51 +0530
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Preupgrade provides a solution that looks overall very similar to a live
>> upgrade. It downloads the all the package updates from the release you
>> want to upgrade to (you can continue using your system meanwhile) and
>> changes grub to boot Anaconda and Anaconda uses the packages downloaded
>> by preupgrade to upgrade your system.  Preupgrade unlike upgrades via
>> yum is more of a supported option.
> How does preupgrade interact with rpmfusion?  Or does it?

I never tried.

Somebody should try and report the results.

But RPM Fusion provides everything that is needed for a proper upgrade
in it's repos. The release-files are also build in a way to make sure
that you use the F-10 repos automatically as soon as you upgrade
fedora-release to the one from F-10 (but that will likely only work
properly when F-10 is out or once we did some changes to our MirrorManager).

IOW: Everything should work if preupgrade does everything right. And I
suppose it will, but I'm not sure.

CU
knurd